The Richmond Events’ UK Business panel has recently carried out some research into social media.
Headline stats include…
- 44% of organisations do not currently spend any budget on social media. Of those that do the average percentage of departmental budget spend is 2.8%.
- Over half the panel are likely to increase their spend on social media, 40% moderately and 13% drastically.
- In terms of the social media platforms individuals use in the workplace, LinkedIn is by far the most popular, three times more so than 2nd placed Twitter.
- Only 5% of organisations have strict ROI measures in place for social media. Almost two thirds don’t measure ROI at all.
- LinkedIn and Blogs are viewed as the most effective social media.
- The 2 most popular areas for employing social media within organisations are towards customer engagement and brand promotion. These are followed by general marketing and building web traffic.
- In over half of organisations the marketing department is responsible for social media content.
- On average 5.5% of individuals within organisations are using social media for business purposes.
- A high proportion of the panel still perceive social media as ‘still more of a personal than a business tool’.
If you would like to receive a full copy of the research please get in touch
. The research is free of charge.