In these joyful times that we currently live it seemed only right that the latest piece of research from Richmond Events’ UK Business panel focuses on Workplace Happiness. However, all is not lost. As the report reveals employees still have a real sense of pride for their organisation and whilst the economic situation has clearly had an effect, individuals are utterly determined to succeed both for themselves and their organisation.
The headline findings can be found below and if you’d like to view the full report please click on the link at the bottom.
We hope you enjoy!
- Whilst just over ½ the panel claim to be content in their present position, this means 47% are not.
- 63% of the panel say their workplace happiness has reduced or remained static over the past year. 37% say it has improved.
- Unsurprisingly the current economic situation has left its mark on the panel. Only 31% say it hasn’t affected their workplace happiness whilst 37% say it remains difficult but they’ve had to learn to adapt.
- Figures are similar for organisations as a whole with all but 19% being affected; 14% admitting it remains a difficult time for their organisation.
- The top two areas that give the panel most workplace satisfaction (excluding promotion & a pay rise) are helping their organisation improve its competitive position & helping the team reach peak performance. The panel say they receive little satisfaction from proving a superior wrong or getting rid of a troublesome team member. Of course they don’t…
- The top two reasons the panel are likely to experience periods of discontent at work are slow / poor decision-making and actions of colleagues.
- If the panel are asked to take on extra work (without additional resource or remuneration) the highest proportion are likely to view it favourably, believing it confirms the confidence their superiors have in them. Only ¼ feel they are being taken advantage of.
- The two departments to give the panel most grief on a regular basis are Operations and Finance.
- Asked about their families’ happiness the top three areas for concern are; the high levels of debt their children will take on to fund university, the ever increasing cost of living and how their children will get on the property ladder.
For the full report please click here